If you’ve been thinking about getting some work done around the house and you are holding back because it’s not fitting the budget right now, you are in luck.
Take advantage for Revenu Quebec’s program called “Logirénov”.The amount of the tax credit corresponds to 20% of the portion of an individual’s eligible expenses that exceeds $3,000, up to a maximum tax credit of $2,500 per eligible dwelling.
The renovation work must have been done by a qualified contractor under a contract entered into after April 24, 2014, and before July 1, 2015.
The list of projects covers is quite extensive:
- Renovation of one or more rooms of the dwelling (kitchen, bathroom, washroom, bedroom, vestibule, living room, storage space, etc.)
- Division of rooms (knocking down walls or adding partitions)
- Finishing a basement, attic or an integrated garage or garage adjoining the dwelling
- Adaptation of the interior of the dwelling to the needs of a handicapped person or person suffering a loss of independence
- Replacement of the plumbing or electrical system
- Installation or replacement of a lighting system
- Refurbishing the floors (sanding and varnishing)
- Replacing floor coverings (rugs, linoleum, hardwood flooring, tile, etc.)
- Replacing doors that do not access to the exterior of the dwelling
- Changing the covering of interior walls and ceilings (paint, wallpaper, stone or brick walls, etc.)
- Replacing, building or modifying an interior stairway
- Installing blinds and shutters permanently fixed
- Installation of an alarm, security or home automation system
- Expansion of the living space of the dwelling, including work relating to the envelope and the mechanical systems of the additions to the dwelling if they satisfy the energy or environmental standards set by the EcoRenov tax credit
- Conversion of a house consisting of a single dwelling into an inter-generational house, including work relating to the envelope and the mechanical systems of the additions to the dwelling if they satisfy the energy or environmental standards set by the EcoRenov tax credit
- Replacement of a weeping tile, sanitary drainage, fall pipe or foundation drain
- Repair of the foundations
- Water-proof sealing of the foundations
- Air sealing of the envelope of the dwelling or of a portion of it (walls, doors, windows, skylights, etc.)
- Pressure cleaning of the exterior siding
- Replacement of the exterior siding
- Painting the envelope of the dwelling
- Replacement of swing shutters
- Replacing soffits and fascia
- Replacement of the roofing and rainwater gutters
- Repair of a chimney
- Replacing a garage door for a garage integrated into or adjoining the dwelling
For more information please visit Revenu Quebec‘s website.